Today marks exactly a month since the start of my program. I can’t quite believe that the time has gone so quickly, and that I have around a month left! If anything this landmark has helped me to realise that I still have so much I want to do here. Which is why I thought I would do an update on my bucket list. By now you’d think that I would have got the majority of this list checked off, and be ready to take on some new challenges. But alas, working roughly forty hours a week has prevented me from doing a few of the things I set out to do. That’s not to say that I haven’t done a lot so far already, I’ve actually completed quite a few things that weren’t on my bucket list so I’ve given these a list of their own. And of course as I mentioned in my original post, now that I’m out here there are a few things that I didn’t consider whilst making my first list, so I’ve made a new list of things that I want to get done. Basically, I still have so much that I want to do with my time here in Orlando!
Here’s how my original list looks at the half way point:
Get a photo with every park icon – the Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, the Golf Ball at Epcot, the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom and the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios.Completed on the 24.06.16 Go park hopping.Completed on the 24.06.16 Visit all four parks in one day.Completed on the 24.06.16
- Get a photo with every Disney princess.
- Fill an autograph book.
- Collect as many badges and pins as possible.
- Be at Magic Kingdom when it opens.
- Be at Magic Kingdom when it closes.
- Watch Wishes and Fantasmic! as many times as possible.
Watch Wishes from the Polynesian beach.Completed on the 22.06.16 Eat at the Polynesian.Completed on the 4.07.16
- Watch the new Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom.
Watch IllumiNations at Epcot.Completed on the 4.07.16
- Eat my way around the world at the World Showcase in Epcot.
- Have my name embroidered onto a pair of ears.
- Get a photo with Minnie and Mickey when I graduate.
- Participate in the VoluntEARS scheme.
- Go to Mickey’s Retreat.
Go to Disney Springs.Completed on the 21.06.16 Go to Disney’s BoardWalk.Completed on the 24.06.16
- Watch a movie in the outdoor theatre. Watch a movie at the Fortwilderness Campground .
- Go on a cast member tour.
Go shopping in the Florida Mall.Completed on the 27.06.16
- Eat at iHop as much as possible.
- Have pancakes at Chef Mickey’s.
Have a character breakfast.Completed on the 4.07.16
- Eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant.
- Eat the ‘Kitchen Sink.’
- Have a cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.
- Eat at the Rainforest Cafe.
- Go to the beach.
- Visit Miami.
- Visit the Wynwood Walls in Miami.
- Go to the Kennedy Space Centre.
- Watch a live American sports game.
Go to Harry Potter World at Universal.Completed on the 2.07.16
- Go to the Everglades.
Things that I’ve done that are not on the bucket list:
- Do all four mountains in one day – Space, Splash, Big Thunder and Expedition Everest.
- Do all four modes of transportation in one day – monorail, bus, ferry, walking.
- Be at Animal Kingdom for the rope drop.
- Ride Space Mountain with the lights on.
- Get a behind the scenes tour of Hollywood Studios through work.
- Eat at Taco Bell
- Go on the new Frozen ride
- Eat at the Hard Rock Cafe
My Bucket List 2.0
- Go to Hooters
- Get Pixie Dusted
- Have another character breakfast
- Go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
- Be the recipient of a magical moment
- See Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- Go to the rodeo
- Get to the Millenia Mall
- Go resort hopping
- Get to the Grand Floridian
- Have dinner with my housemates
- See Wishes from the Contemporary Resort
- Get empty park photos
- Get stereotypical park photos in front of the castle
- Earn my money back on my Universal Pass